How Are the Mega Millions Numbers Drawn?
Behind all the lights and TV cameras, a tremendous amount of behind-the-scenes work and security goes into ensuring that each Mega Millions draw is random and free from tampering, and that every ticket has an equal chance of winning.
US$ 142 Million
Mega Millions eschews computers for mechanical, gravity pick machines which are still considered to be the most random and tamper-proof lottery draw machines to-date. Officials inspect and calibrate every piece of equipment, including the numbered balls, to ensure that there are no outside influences on the results.
Once the draw has concluded and the latest Mega Millions results are in, ticket holders rush to see if they’ve joined the ranks of the biggest Mega Millions winners! With a jackpot that starts at $40 million, Mega Millions has the power to make dreams come true with each and every draw.
How to Buy Mega Millions Online
Estimate Cost : 15 USD
Time Needed : 0 days 0 hours 10 minutes
Just as if you were standing face to face with a ticket seller, when you buy Mega Millions tickets online, you have to choose your numbers according to the rules of the game. Only instead of doing this in a lottery retail outlet, on theLotter you pick your numbers in an online play grid.
Choose ticket type
When buying Mega Millions tickets online, you can choose between different types of tickets: standard (individual ticket), syndicate shares or bundles.
Pick your numbers
Whether you buy Mega Millions online or offline, you have 2 options when it comes to choosing your numbers. You can either pick your own numbers manually or use the automated Quick Pick to receive a computer-generated set of random numbers. Both options have their merits.Players have also had success with their own numbers like birthdays, anniversaries, or other lucky numbers. Some people use hot and cold numbers to make their choice. On the other hand, Quick Pick can be just as lucky and has a better chance of being a unique entry, meaning a jackpot winner with a Quick Pick entry is less likely to have to share their winnings. Either way, it is all in Lady Luck’s hands!
Choose Mega Ball
The Mega Ball number is selected from a different barrel. It ranges from 1 to 25. Just like with the main numbers, you can go with a personal preference or leave it all in Lady Luck’s hands by clicking the Quick Pick button.
Add Megaplier and choose number of draws
Before you hit the “Play” button, you have the option of adding Megaplier to your Mega Millions ticket. Although it’s optional, this multiplier can make the difference between a random prize and a life-changing one. You can also choose to purchase tickets for several draws by opting for a Multi-Draw or a Subscription. They both come with discounts!
Create an account
If you don’t already have an account on the site, you will be prompted to create one by entering your personal details. Once you did that, you can finalize your ticket’s purchase.
Enter payment details
Last part of the ticket purchase process is adding a payment method. There is a generous range to choose from, depending on your country of residence.
The Advantages of Buying Mega Millions Tickets Online
Not only is it convenient to buy Mega Millions tickets online, but it also brings some amazing advantages. theLotter offers some attractive game formats that can increase your odds of winning the lottery.
- Syndicates – Buy a share in a Mega Millions syndicate and you’ll be in the game with a large number of ticket without making a huge investment. How? The tickets belong to the entire group and every member purchases shares. Then, the winnings generated by the tickets are shared between the syndicate members according to the shares they have purchased. It’s an instant boost to your chances of winning the Mega Millions!
- Bundles – with theLotter, you don’t even have to decide between an individual Mega Millions ticket and a share in a syndicate. You can get them both at a special price with the Bundle package! Expand your game online to win more!
- Systematic Forms – you can buy US Mega Millions tickets with every possible combination of 6-11 of your lucky numbers. This way, if even some of your numbers come up, you will have them on a lot of tickets and win more! It’s like having your very own multiplier and you can get it on theLotter!
- Multi-Draws and Subscriptions – if you are a Mega Millions regular, theLotter can buy your tickets for you, even for the upcoming draws. Try the Multi-Draw pack to get into the next draws and it will get you a discount. Or you can set up a subscription and get every 10th Mega Millions ticket free of charge.
How to Read Mega Millions Results
To find out if you are a winner, you have to read the Mega Millions results correctly. Here is everything you need to know about checking your numbers:
- Check the 5 Mega Millions main numbers in the correct section – those drawn from 1 to 70.
- Check the Mega Ball in the additional number section – the one drawn from 1 to 25.
- Always check the full Mega Millions prize breakdown. Even if you haven’t matched all the 5 main numbers and the Mega Ball, you may still have all the winning combination for one of the secondary prizes.
- The main numbers and the Mega Ball are drawn from different guess ranges and they are not interchangeable. For instance, if the Mega Ball is 10 and you have it on your ticket in the main number section, it will not count as a match.
- Make sure that you are checking the winning numbers for the correct draw. The date on your ticket must correspond to the date of the draw for the win to be valid.
US Mega Millions FAQ
Can non-US citizens play Mega Millions?
Yes, they can. According to the Mega Millions rules, the game is open for both American and non-American citizens over the age of 18. The legal age may vary from one state to another. In some states, the lottery is open to people over the age of 21.
Can I play Mega Millions outside the US?
Yes, you can play the US Mega Millions outside of the US if you play online. theLotter is the leading lottery messenger platform where you can enter the game from anywhere in the world.
If you win Mega Millions online, how much of the prize do you get?
If you win a Mega Millions prize online on theLotter, you get it 100%. theLotter does not charge commissions on the prizes won on their platform, so whatever you win is your entirely.
Mega Millions Payouts
The US Mega Millions is a champion of the lottery world because the prizes it offers are out of this world! $40 million is only the starting amount for its first prize. Then, every time there is no winner, the Mega Millions jackpot gets even bigger. That is how it has reached the enormous amount of $1.537 billion in October 2018. That is the current record, but the next rollover streak could see it broken!
US$ 165 Million
The Mega Millions does not feature a cap for its jackpot, which means that it can grow indefinitely. But that’s not all you can win when you play Mega Millions! There is a total of 9 prize categories in the game and they are all up for grabs on every single draw. The second prize is worth a full $1 million, so you don’t even have to match all the numbers to become a millionaire in this amazing American lottery!